Training Week of January 26, 2009

Link to the Training Schedule from the TNT Coaches:
http://www.tnt-nnj.org/TrainingScheduleHalfMarathonNJM2009.htm

Link to my TNT Home Page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nnj/nj09/jnavarrfng

Monday
January 26: Legs are a bit sore. 20 minutes on the cross trainer. A push/pull/shoulder core based workout and good leg stretching (very tight today).

Tuesday January 27: Tired legs today. I felt like I needed to work hard though and got the 3 miles in. 7.5-8.8mph. Total time: 22:36.

Wednesday January 28: I took today completely off. Very necessary.

Thursday January 29: I didn't feel like I took yesterday off whatsoever. Today was a 4 mile day. At the 2 mile point when I went to increase the speed to 8.0, I mistakenly pressed the stop button. The time showed 15:56. I started as soon as I could, and finished the next 2 miles at 14:35. My math sucks when I'm sleepy. I think that is a combined 30:31.

Friday January 30: 3 Mile day ranging from 7-9mph at the Montclair gym. 22:50.

Saturday January 31: Taught boxing.

Sunday February 1: We skipped the Sunday 4 mile group run in Cranford. I went out in the afternoon after mapping out a route on the website run.com as suggested by my friend John. After a search for a route in Caldwell turned up zippo, I foolishly just tried to map one out for myself. I called it the Caldwell 4. I severely underestimated the hills. It is 4.36 miles, and took me 35 grueling minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment