Link to the Training Schedule from the TNT Coaches:
http://www.tnt-nnj.org/TrainingScheduleHalfMarathonNJM2009.htm
Link to my TNT Home Page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nnj/nj09/jnavarrfng
Monday February 16: 30 minute back workout. Lame.
Tuesday February 17: Boxing class. Lots of fun. Good workout.
Wednesday February 18: BIG DAY. We received a long email from one of our coaches which felt like it was targeted towards me. It included statements like "The sole reason for your long run is to build
endurance, and although it is tempting to think to yourself "I want to be
able to run a faster marathon, so I should probably try to prove it to
myself by running my 16 miler faster", this is a no-no". That happened to be my strategy as I trained.
Another statement that struck me was "Similarly, going out 3 times a week and treating each of your 4-mile weekday runs as 5k races is counterproductive - you are putting too much stress on your legs too often, and not allowing for any recovery which is what your weekday runs should be focused on".
Anyways, I got the hint and took it easy on my run and will going forward, although is was supposed to be 3 miles not 2. I felt my left calf again getting worse as I ran so I cut it short.
Thursday February 19: Zippo. Ear and sinus infections got me down. Got antibiotics, so should be able to do my 5 mile run tomorrow.
Friday February 20: So much for the 5 miler. I feel like Krud.
Saturday February 21: It took every ounce of energy to teach boxing, although it was fun.
Sunday February 19: Didn't feel good enough to go out for the 7 miles with the team. My wife on the other hand, was quite a trooper and went to Morristown for the team run, in the rain/sleet/snow no less! She'll be working part time for the postal service soon. I did 2 on the treadmill at the gym, and the breathing and muscle stiffness felt better, so I should be good to go from tomorrow on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment