Training Week of March 30, 2009

Link to the Training Schedule from the TNT Coaches:
http://www.tnt-nnj.org/TrainingScheduleHalfMarathonNJM2009.htm

Link to my TNT Home Page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nnj/nj09/jnavarrfng

Monday March
30: No running, but a very good core and upper body workout, and some 1 legged leg extensions too.

Tuesday March 31: Ran 3 miles. New shoes are making my right arch hurt a little, but the small nagging left ankle problem is not bothering me as much. Trade off I guess.

Wednesday April 1: No running today. Short 30 min arm workout.

Thursday April 2: Ran the scheduled 6. Actually, no I didn't, I lie. I did 5.75 miles. Why would I do that? My right arch was KILLING me. Yes, enough to stop. That sucked; The part where I only had 1/4 mile left that is.

Friday April 3: No running at all. My feet needed the rest.

Saturday April 4: No running, but I did jump around like an Easter rabbit throughout my boxing class. My arches felt ok.

Sunday April 5: I went back to the old shoes (Brooks) for the dreaded 12 mile run. It's obviously the longest distance we had to do before the race. That was the absolute WORST run of my life. It actually had nothing to do with the extra 2 miles, although that didn't help. It is a VERY hilly course, about 35 degrees, and there must have been gale force winds blowing in our faces the whole time. Actually, I wasn't feeling that strong from the beginning, struggling since about mile 4. I think it was a combination of everything. I look forward to (eh...) the next 12 miler which is in 2 weeks. I will prepare better then and hopefully the conditions will be better as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment