Training Week of December 29, 2008

Link to the Training Schedule from the TNT Coaches:
http://www.tnt-nnj.org/TrainingScheduleHalfMarathonNJM2009.htm

Link to my TNT Home Page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nnj/nj09/jnavarrfng

Monday December 29:
Legs just a little sore from the run.
I did a pretty full upper body workout. Returned the Brooks, and went with the Saucony's. Maybe not as much stability, but more cushioning. I felt the strides a little too much in the Brooks. I wear orthotics, so that gives me some stability anyway. If it weren't for the cushioning though, the Brooks were ideal.

Tuesday December 30: Taught boxing class. Only about 12 people in class. I decided to go all mitts and no body protector so I could move around better. I was pretty beat after class. Good workout for me, I hope it was for the rest of class.

Wednesday December 31: New Years Eve. Ran 2 miles. Sneakers feel good. I'm realizing I hate the treadmill though.

Thursday January 1: Happy New Year! A bit hung over from beer pong at our neighbor Stephanie and Mason's house. That was a lot of fun, but what am I, 19? I can't hang anymore. Needless to say, day off.

Friday January 2: Light leg work, and core work.

Saturday January 3: Taught Boxing. Full class. The workout...eh.

Sunday January 4: Our second run with Team in Training. It was in Piscataway, NJ, Scarlet Knight country. Kind of cold, but we were all geared up, compliments of the great staff at Fleet Feet, Montclair........plug. We did close to 6.5 miles, although we were only goig to do 5. One of our coaches forgot to turn us around after 2.5. Went harder the 2nd half. Felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment