Training Week of January 5, 2009

Link to the Training Schedule from the TNT Coaches:
http://www.tnt-nnj.org/TrainingScheduleHalfMarathonNJM2009.htm

Link to my TNT Home Page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nnj/nj09/jnavarrfng

Monday January 5: Again legs are just a little sore from the run. 1st day of a surely hellish post-holiday workweek. But I am digging this running thing because I feel great after yesterdays run. I this continues, I may change to a FULL Marathon!

My ankle is killing me as of 4pm, I felt nothing during the run yesterday or earlier today. Its enough to make me limp around. Pissed. Day Off.


Tuesday January 6: Ankle still hurts in the morning. I can't even run around the block let alone a marathon. Nevermind all that upgrade stuff, I'll be sticking to the 1/2. Ankle feels much better as the day progresses. I did about a 30 minute Back and Bicep workout with Carolynn. I threw in some squats too. Taught boxing class. A full 20 people in class. I liked today's class. Good energy.

Wednesday January 7: Due to icy conditions, I ended up having a longer workout than expected, and a good one. Chest, shoulders, triceps, 20 minute recumbent bike.

Thursday January 8: Ran 2 miles on the DREADmill. I still hate it. It just doesn't feel good to me, I much prefer running outside. I went up 1/2 mph every 1/2 mile starting at 7.0 with 0 incline. So it was 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5 for the 2 miles. It took about 15:30.

Friday January 9: Overslept. Looks like a day off...we'll see. I wish I had a DREADmill at home. Better yet, I wish I had the Nintendo Wii Fit.

Saturday January 10: Taught boxing class. I guess its officially "resolution" January. Class was packed, making it hot in the studio.

Sunday January 11: As expected, the Team in Training group run in Morristown was cancelled because of the ice that fell on top of previous snow. So it was off to the DREADmill of course. We were scheduled to only do 3 miles according to the coaches. Ran next to Carolynn...cute. The run breakdown was: 1 mile at 7.5, 1 mile at 8.0, 1 mile at 8.2. Total time: 22:50.

No comments:

Post a Comment