Training Week of January 12, 2009

Link to the Training Schedule from the TNT Coaches:
http://www.tnt-nnj.org/TrainingScheduleHalfMarathonNJM2009.htm

Link to my TNT Home Page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nnj/nj09/jnavarrfng

Monday
January 12: Feeling good. Precor Elliptical for 20 minutes. Heart rate 145-155. Legs and shoulder workout. Its gonna be just another Manic Monday.

Tuesday January 13: I meant to run 3 miles today. I forgot my running kicks...idiot. Instead, I did a back, bicep and chest circuit with a core focus using various machines including Hammer Strength, and the TRX band. Resistance on most exercises: About 85%. Speed of circuit: About 1 minute rest in between. Boxing class tonight was good.

Wednesday January 14: Slept about 4 hours due to Justin's asthma. I felt so bad for him, he's quite a trooper.

Luckily I was able to run next to my friend John, it made the time go a lot faster for my 3 miles. He leaves for his marathon in Arizona this week, so I think he was ONLY doing 8 today as he tapers off his mileage. I ranged from 6 to 7 mph throughout the 3 miles for a total of 27 minutes.


Thursday January 15: 3 mile day. Its absolutely freeeeeeeeezing out. Today's Splits: 7mph for 1/2 mi, 7.5mph for 1/2 mi, 8.0mph for 3/4 mi, 8.2mph for 1/4mi, 8.5mph for 3/4mi, and 8.8mph for 1/4 mi. I was trying to make up for the slower 7.0 start and finish with the same 22:50 time as the other day. I almost did, I ended with 22:55. I had 25 minutes at night to do leg extensions, triceps and rotator cuff exercises.

Friday January 16: 2 mile day. I tried to sneak it in in between clients. I was only able to do 1.5 miles at 7-8.5mph.

Saturday January 17: Taught boxing. Good class. If tomorrow morning is as cold as this morning (3 degrees), I'm not going out.

Sunday January 18: A lot warmer out (about 20 degrees warmer) than yesterday. The problem was the 1-1.5 inches of snow on the ground for the group run in Cranford. A ton of people showed up which was very impressive. Our friend Michele joined us for her 1st group run. Again, we can't pay attention to instruction and did 5 miles instead of the 4 we were supposed to do. Running 5 miles in the snow was a hell of a lot harder. I felt my ankle, and I know I will be sore everywhere. Fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment