http://www.tnt-nnj.org/TrainingScheduleHalfMarathonNJM2009.htm
Link to my TNT Home Page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nnj/nj09/jnavarrfng
Monday March 16: No running. Great core/chest/shoulder/tricep workout.
Tuesday March 17: HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY! Ran 3 miles, stretched and foam rolled.
Wednesday March 18: No running. Did just a so-so light legs, back and bicep workout. I hate running out of time.
Thursday March 19: Ran 5 miles, but I was scheduled for 6. Ran out of time...again.
Friday March 20: Ran 2.5 miles. I saw a guy I know from the gym, Matt, running the other day. He looked like he was running at about 6.0 miles/hour. He was running at 9.2...for like 4 miles! So of course I wanted to see what running at 9.2 felt like for the last .5 miles. I was sprinting (If anyone ever reads this, no comments about the length of my legs please).
Saturday March 21: Taught boxing.
Sunday March 22: Ran the St Paddy's 10 miler in Freehold. It was a GREAT experience, and a great prep for the NJ Half in 6 weeks. My goal was to run 8 minute miles. I finished in 1:19:12. I'm happy with that especially considering I got off on a 9 minute mile pace to begin with. I felt good and had plenty of kick at the end. Boy, real runners are noooo joke! Some of these people were FLYING! The race benefits the NJ Special Olympics of NJ.

No comments:
Post a Comment